Surf Instructor Level 4 Certification
WB Surf Camp’s Instructor Development Program is a 5 level program that provides a structure for the certification of Surf Instructors through a process of education, experience, and evaluation. The goal of our program is to improve the quality, safety and consistency of surf instruction in our programs.
Surf Instructor Level 4 Prerequisite:
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Hold current Level 3 Surf Camp Certification
- At least ten years personal surfing experience
- 28 years of age or older
- Have logged 400 hours of in water instruction time
- Pass in-person knowledge base/ skill tests for level 4 cert
- Attend WB Surf Camp’s Level 4 Certification Program (38 hours of instruction)
- Present WB Surf Camp with recorded log book of acceptable instruction time
- Present WB Surf Camp with proof of all current certifications
This level of certification is for the most experienced instructors with excellent organizational, management, lifesaving and inter-personal communication skills who have proven themselves both in and out of the water. This level of certification is designed for elite watermen/women. It allows for competition-based instruction for intermediate to advanced surfers. It provides a foundation for the instructor experience, qualifications, and knowledge base suitable to be a travel camp unit leader. All level 4 instructors will demonstrate that their surfing and teaching ability is of a standard acceptable to WB Surf Camp.