CPR and First Aid Certification Classes
Our WB Surf Camp team can certify your employees, group, or organization on American Red Cross CPR. We offer complete and flexible programs that help you, your family, and your community stay prepared for virtually any life-threatening situation. Build the program that works for you using our modular curriculum and personable high energy WB Surf Camp instructors.
Our unique CPR certification classes make it easy to meet all your training needs in one day, and can be held on-site or at our training headquarters. Give yourself the gift of knowing your infants and children are safer because their caregivers’ CPR skills come from the best.
Choose the Program that’s Right for You
- Adult CPR (3 3/4 hours)
- Infant and Child CPR (5.5 hours) – applies to infants and children up to 8 years
- Infant CPR (3.5 hours) – applies to infants up to 12 months
What You Will Learn
- Recognizing an Emergency. What are some unusual sights, appearances, or behaviors in infants or children that can help you recognize an emergency situation?
- Protecting Yourself. What precautions can you take to protect yourself from disease transmission when giving care?
- Check-Call-Care. Once you recognize an emergency, remain calm and follow the emergency action steps.
- Choking. How to care for a conscious child who is choking.
- Prioritizing Care. In an emergency with more than one victim, how would you determine which victim needs care first?
- Rescue Breathing. How to give rescue breaths.
- Cardiac Emergencies. How to care for those suffering from a cardiac emergencies.
COMMUNITY FIRST AID AND SAFETY (9 1/2 HOURS)
One of our most popular courses, this first aid class is great for community needs. The course combines lectures, demonstrations, and video with hands-on training and practice. Participants in this course learn to recognize and respond to emergencies including shock, cardiac, and breathing emergencies for adults, children, and infants, heat and cold emergencies, sudden illnesses and poisonings. Additionally, participants will learn first aid for everything from cuts and scrapes to muscle, bone, and joint injuries.
Adult CPR (3 3/4 hours)
For the person who only needs adult CPR training, this hands-on skills training prepares them to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in victims aged 8 and above. Adult CPR/AED is available in a 4-1/2 hour course with AED training included.
American Red Cross adult CPR training complements a variety of learning styles with hands-on practice and real-life scenarios. Our take-away materials help employees retain skills and serve as reference tools in an emergency.
Combining lecture, video demonstrations and hands-on manikin training, this course teaches participants to:
- Call and work with EMS
- Perform CPR and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Avoid exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Understand the role of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in the Cardiac Chain of Survival
Infant and Child CPR (5 1/2 hours)
Designed for those who care for children, either full time or occasionally, this course teaches participants how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children up to 8 years. Participants take home a refresher skills card as well as information about preventing injuries. Infant CPR is also available separately as a 3 ½ hour course that applies to infants up to 12 months; Child CPR (4 hours) is available separately and applies to children age 1 to 8 years.