Posted by Chase O'Briant | 12.19.2023 | Employment
Spread the Stoke for a Living: Join WB Surf Camp as a Program Coordinator!
Are you ready to drop-in to a one of a kind, rewarding and exciting career opportunity? WB Surf Camp is seeking a dynamic and passionate individual to fill the role of Program Coordinator for our NC Overnight Surf and Ocean Adventure Camps. If you have a passion for surfing, a commitment to coastal conservation, and a track record of successful team management, this could be your chance to shine!
Why WB Surf Camp?
At WB Surf Camp, we believe in the power of the ocean to change campers’ lives for the better. Our mission if to cultivate a love and respect for the ocean by building confidence, developing character, and inspiring stoke through safety, fun, and learning. As a program coordinator, you will play a critical role for our company by coordinating our flagship WB Teen Overnight Surf Camp and Carolina Ocean Odyssey Camp, ensuring a seamless and enriching experience for our campers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for Surfing: Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years surfing experience, plus the desire to grow the sport, to improve their own surfing, and to inspire seasonal staff and campers alike.
- Proven Leadership/Management Experience: At least 2 years of leadership experience. Experience managing or directing in a camp or coaching setting is preferred.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strong verbal and written communication skills, fiscal management expertise, organizational abilities, ability to adapt quickly, and problem-solving strategies.
- Customer Service Excellence: Professional phone manners and outstanding customer service skills are a must. Must be willing to answer the phone, which is a duty shared by all full-time employees.
- Team Player who Takes Initiative: Ability to take initiative on program improvements during the off-season and work cohesively in a team environment. Open to receiving constructive criticism and collaborating with other team members.
- Certifications: Must have or be willing to obtain American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED certifications.
Desired Skills & Traits:
- Coaching Experience: A plus if you’ve previously worked for a surf school/camp, coaching in other sports/activities can also be good.
- Familiarity of East Coast Bathymetry, Ecology, and Geography: This knowledge will serve the position well as you coordinate staff who will be in the water daily. Applicants should know and understand the nature of the NC coastline and how it affects surfing.
- Familiarity and/or Experience in Surfing Industry: This experience demonstrates knowledge of the sport, necessary equipment, and that an applicant is well-versed and able to discuss surfing and surf programs in detail.
- Tech-Savvy: Comfortable learning Camp Management software and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a Program Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating all logistics for our NC Teen Overnight Surf Camp and Carolina Ocean Odyssey Camp programs, from lodging and transportation to meals and activities. The position includes hiring, training, and managing seasonal staff, facilitating check-in/check-out meetings, and ensuring ongoing support for the entirety of your teams. The position also plays a critical part in preparing for the next season during the off-season, contributing to marketing efforts, new program development, and maintaining positive relationships with partners. This position reports to the Program Director.
What do you get?
- Compensation: Annual salary based on your educational background and work experience.
- Paid Time Off: Enjoy 14 days of PTO with additional compensatory time.
- Health Insurance: Receive $225/month health insurance stipend.
- Holidays & Bonuses: Enjoy 6 paid holidays, monetary bonuses paid annually, and pro-deal opportunities.
Apply Now and Spread the Stoke!
If you are ready to inspire stoke in the next generation of surfers and ocean lovers, we want to hear from you! Join us in creating unforgettable experiences for teens and fostering a love for the sport of surfing.
Visit our employment page or send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Let’s make this summer – and your career – an incredible adventure!