Posted by Rick Civelli | 07.17.2018 | Kid Summer Camps, Teen Camps
Five Reasons to Send Your Child to WB Surf Camp
Its hard to believe that Summer is already half way over and we are getting through the busiest season of our year. We love sharing photos on our social media of our camps and what our students are up to, but sometimes we feel photos don’t always do enough justice for all that our camps can provide to your kids and family. Whether you have sent your child to one of our local or travel camps, or you are planning to before the end of summer, we wanted to highlight the top five reasons why we think it is important and beneficial to send your son or daughter to one of our programs.
- 1) It’s a huge Confidence builder! Whether your child is a beginner or an advanced surfer our camps are extremely beneficial for building kid’s and teenagers confidence. Our low instructor to student ratio (1-2 or 1-3) helps ensure all students get the most hands on guidance as possible and that instructors can help students of all levels meet their goals on the waves.
- 2) Time to disconnect. In today’s day in age, we believe it is important for students to spend time away from the digital world and focus on what’s happening right in front of them! At our WB Teen Overnight Surf Camps we limit student’s access to their phones so students can be present, make new friends and focus on and reach all their goals at camp, without social media to distract them.
- 3) It’s great exercise! Camp is the perfect way to keep your kids healthy, both mentally and physically!
- 4) Gives you a break! We all love our kids, but as we all know, distance makes the heart grow fonder. Seriously, all parents need a break over the summer and our kids need a break from us as well! WB camps provide the perfect get away for students and parents.
- 5) Building lifelong friendships! At WB Surf Camp we pride ourselves on the accepting and fun loving community and culture we have at our camps. Students get to meet others in the area (or others from out of state!) and form lifelong friendships.
Sometimes it can be tough finding the right camp for your child or teenager when summer rolls around, but you can relax knowing that WB campers are benefiting far more than you think!