Posted by Rick Civelli | 05.29.2014 | Kid Summer Camps, WB Surf Camp News
Campers of The Week: Colin and Nathan
This week’s highlight goes to two of our younger campers, commonly referred to as “Guppies”. Colin and Nathan have been joining us for Guppy Camp for the past 3 years. On top of that, they travel every year to the North Carolina shores all the way from the coast of California just for camp. We love how our programs bring together such a great and dynamic groups of people , big and small!
1. What do you like best about Guppy Camp?
Colin: I love that we get to go swimming in the waves and seeing the turtles at the turtle hospital and I like when they squirt water out of their nose in my face.
Nathan: Meeting and playing with new friends and swimming in the ocean.
2. Who is your favorite surfer and why?
Colin: I like them all.
Nathan: Kelly Slater because I saw a cool photo of him, but I do like them all.
3. What do you love most about the ocean?
Colin: That they have the strangest life forms in the world and it’s kind of like outer space. I can’t wait to explore it when I grow up.
Nathan: Seeing fish in the sea.
4. What do you do to help protect our environment?
Colin: I pick up litter at the beach.
Nathan: Pick up liter, all over.
5. Where was your most memorable ocean session?
Colin: When the turtle squired water in my face.
Nathan: Playing with my friends and councilors.
6. What is the worst wipe out you’ve ever had?
Colin: When a huge wave came and threw me on the sand and I kept tumbling over and over.
Nathan: Swimming and a giant wave came and blew over me and hit me and I wiped out.
7. What do you hope to be when you grow up?
Colin: I want to be a marine biologist.
Nathan: I want to be an archaeologist.
8. What other sports are you involved in?
Colin: Baseball, Swimming and team tag.
Nathan: Soccer and Golf.
9. What is your favorite song?
Colin: I like all of them.
Nathan: Anything Dave Matthews.
10. What is your favorite food?
Colin: Linguini and Clams
Nathan: Chicken and Pasta.
11. If you could be any marine animal, what would you be and why?
Colin: A Nurse Shark because I have no predators, including humans, and humans would only put me in an aquarium, not hurt me.
Nathan: I would be a dolphin because I would get to leap and jump and find new friends.